Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Quick after-school tortilla snacks

My kid always comes home from school claiming to be famished and demands to eat right away. If I don't have a snack ready, she'll raid the pantry and ofcourse reach for her saved Halloween candy. In order to avoid too much junking, I usually try to keep a relatively healthy snack ready for her.

These quick tortilla snacks come in handy at such times. Yesterday I made a savory version and a sweet one.

I started with whole grain tortillas. I cut them into wedges and microwaved for 3 mins, turning once after 1.5 mins. This crisps them up like tortilla chips. Then cool on a wire rack.


To make the savory version (Nachos), top with a mix of veggies, beans and cheese of your choice. In the pic below, I topped half with shredded Mexican cheese mix. The other half has black beans (canned), green and orange bell peppers (finely diced), tomatoes (diced), seasoned with little salt, cumin pwd and paprika and then topped with the same cheese. Microwave for 30 to 45 secs till cheese melts. Serve immediately.

Quick Nachos (Savory)
To make the sweet version, top with whipped cream. Sprinkle little all spice mix (or just cinnamon pwd) and garnish with strawberries. 

Sweet Nachos


1 comment:

Mayuri Patel said...

lovely healthy tortillas.

Related Posts with Thumbnails