I tried this soup from a recent issue of Vegetarian Times and found it quite delicious, kinda like the roasted red pepper tomato soup from Trader Joes. BTW, any leftovers would make a good base for a pasta sauce as I posted here.
Heres how I made it:
- Roast one large red bell pepper at 350F for 1 hour, turning occassionally until the skin is wrinkled and blackened all over.
- Place it in a bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and keep for 10 mins to steam.
- Then rub off the skin and seeds.
- In the meanwhile, heat some olive oil. Saute 1/4 cup onions until softened and one or two cloves minced garlic and saute another 2 mins.
- Add diced carrots (abt 1/2 cup), 1 bayleaf, salt, pepper, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and curry pwd.
- Add 1 cup broth, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour till carrots soften.
- Cool slightly and blend with the roasted pepper.
- Pour back into the pot and heat thru. Check and adjust seasonings. Squeeze in some lemon juice and garnish with finely chopped parsley.
I've already posted a Veggie Noodle Soup for this event.
Here are some of my other favorite soups, all going to Divya's event: