Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Frankie


This is a Mumbai street-food version of a wrap. I've enjoyed frankies many times at the Tibbs stall @ Shivaji Park, Dadar, Mumbai as a kid/teenager. I thought of making a healthier version at home for my daughter.

Here's how I made it:

Filling - I made a potato-paneer filling. For this, I grated 1 boiled potato and about 1/2 cup paneer. Heated 2 tsp oil, sauted some cumin seeds, then added the grated potato and paneer. Seasoned it generously with salt, red chilli pwd, cumin pwd, coriander pwd, chaat masala, pinch of sugar and lemon juice.

Chutney - I had some green cilantro chutney leftover.

Salad - This was my addition to the regular frankies that I have eaten. I used some chopped lettuce, cukes, tomato, red onion & carrots.

I used store bought whole wheat tortillas, home-made rotis will certainly work too. BTW, the frankies at Shivaji Park use APF rotis I think, so this was another change I made to make them healthier.
Here's a picture of all the ingredients, waiting to come together.
 
To assemble the frankie, heat the tortillas per package instructions. Smear with some green chutney. Evenly pile the potato-paneer mix, top with desired veggies.

Roll into a tight roll as shown in the first picture.



...and also to the Fast Food not Fat Food event at Priya's Now Serving.



2 comments:

Binys Recipes said...

yummy frankie...used to have this from churchgate.....was sooooo filling

Srivalli said...

That's very filling one Supriya..thanks for sending this for the event..

Related Posts with Thumbnails