Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Avocado Paratha/Roti




I prepare these Avocado Parathas every so often. This is a good way to consume this fruit, which though high in fat, is also very healthy since most of the fat is the monounsaturated kind. It is also rich in potassium and vitamins B, E & K. The addition of avocado does not really alter the taste of the roti/paratha, just makes them super-soft and healthy.

Here's how I make them:

1 cup heaped whole wheat flour (I use Sujata brand)
1 ripe avocado
Pinch of salt

Cut the avocado in half, remove the seeds and scoop out the fruit into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado very well using a fork. Add salt and the wheat flour. Knead well to form a soft pliable dough. No need to add any water and/or oil. Keep the dough covered with a wet cloth for 1/2 hr. Then roll out rotis/parathas as desired and roast them on a non-stick pan over medium heat till brown spots develop on both sides.

This makes 7 to 8 rotis/parathas.

Serve with a vegetable side dish/curry.

These Avocado Parathas/Rotis go to the Dish Name Starts With : A event at Akila's Kitchen.

3 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Love parathas with avocado, urs looks super delicious..

Satya said...

love avocado parathas ...very healthy n tasty too ..ur parathas looks very inviting

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Kelly said...

Yum. This looks so creative. I don't think I've ever had anything like this, but I am always a sucker for avocado so I think I would really like this. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails