Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Crockpot Coconut Veggie Curry

Crockpot Coconut Veggie Curry
This is the first recipe I tried in my new crockpot. It can ofcourse be made in a regular pot on the stove top, but slow cooking this flavorful curry in the crockpot for 4 hours spread an amazing aroma that made the mouth water right on entering home.

Here's how I made this Crockpot Coconut Veggie Curry:

1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 cup cauliflower flowerets
1/2 cut chopped carrots
1/2 cup chickpeas (I used the canned ones, well drained and rinsed)
1 can coconut milk
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 cup frozen peas (added after 3.5 hrs)
Seasonings added at the beginning - 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cumin pwd, 1 tsp coriander pwd, 1 tsp garam masala pwd, 1 tsp kitchen king masala, 1/2 tsp red chilli pwd, 1 tbsp crushed kasuri methi
Seasoning added at the end - 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp fresh lemon juice

I threw in all the ingredients (except those marked as added later) at 2:30 PM, set the slow cooker on high and tried very hard to resist the temptation to open the pot for the next 2 hrs. Thereafter I did give the curry a stir or 2.

I added the peas at around 6 PM

By 6:30 PM the curry was ready. I added the soy sauce and lemon juice at that time. We had it with Dhakai Paratha and also with rice.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails