Thursday, June 7, 2012

Zucchini cakes (eggless)


I had been wanting to try zucchini cakes for a long time, but all the recipes I found used egg. I finally decided to try these without eggs, using chickpea/gram flour instead. They turned out pretty good.

Here's how I made them:

1 cup grated zucchini
1 heaped tbsp gramflour/chickpea flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
Seasonings - salt, black pepper pwd, cajun seasoning blend (or any other seasoning of your choice)
Chopped cilantro
Oil to shallow fry

Squeeze the grated zucchini by hand to drain off water it releases. Do not throw away the water, use in dals/gravies/rotis. Add all the other ingredients to the zucchini. Mix by hand till well blended. Form into 8 patties immediately and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.

Serve hot with ketchup.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails