Friday, June 8, 2012

Savory White Bean Dip


I have adapted this recipe from a cookbook called Magic Beans by Patti Bazel Geil.

Here's how I made it:

1 15oz. can of white beans (cannellini beans)
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp onion pwd
1 tsp garlic pwd
1/2 tsp paprika pwd
1/4 tsp black pepper pwd
1/2 tsp red chile pwd
1/4 tsp coriander pwd
1/2 tsp cumin pwd
1/2 tsp salt or per taste
pinch of sugar

Blend all the ingredients together. I used my Magic Bullet blender, food processor should also work or you can even mash it all together with a fork. I left a few small chunks of beans. Garnish with chopped cilantro and the greens of spring onions. 

Serve immediately with chips/crackers, or cover and refrigerate. I like to eat it at room temperature so when I refrigerate it, I leave it out for a couple of hours before eating. The chips in the pictures are Trader Joe's Veggie and Flax Seed chips.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails