Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cucumber dosa with cucumber chutney


My aunt makes this cucumber chutney quite often. Since it uses just the inside pulp of tender cucumbers, I thought of using the rest of the cucumber to make this cucumber dosa that I had book-marked from Ramya's Mane Adige.


The two went very well together for a delicious, relaxed Sunday breakfast.


For the Cucumber (Sowthekai) Dosa, I pretty much followed her recipe to a tee.


Here's how I made the Cucumber chutney, my aunt's way:


1 English cucumber or any tender cucumber - use only the tender inside pulp portion

1/2 cup grated coconut - fresh or frozen

1 tsp roasted sesame seeds

1 serrano pepper or to taste

Few springs cilantro

Salt to taste

1 tsp Sugar or jaggery

1/4 tsp tamarind diluted in some water


Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy with dosas, idlis, adais etc.


This Cucumber Dosa and Cucumber Chutney are off to the AFAM: Cucumber event at Neha's Tasty Recipes.


This event was started by Maheswari of Beyond the Usual.

3 comments:

Neha said...

Both recipes are quite nice n innovative, looks perfect meal..
Thanx for sending...

Usha said...

I have never used cucumber in dosa, sounds fantastic !

Unknown said...

Looks fresh n perfect for summer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails