Monday, June 23, 2014

Easy Lunch Box Ideas

I cannot believe I haven't posted anything since the beginning of this year. I guess I got so caught up in the daily routine - office, kid's school, home work, extra curricular activities, volunteering etc. that this blog got put on the back burner. Now that summer vacation is here, I feel so relaxed, like a load has lifted off.
 
Here are couple of quick and easy lunches that featured weekly in my kid's lunch box when school was on.
 
Pesto Cucumber Sandwich
 
 
 
Take 2 slices of bread. Butter one slice on one side and generously apply pesto on a side of the other slice. I use Costco's Basil Pesto. Make few thin slices of cucumber, pat dry on a paper towel. Sandwich between the 2 slices of bread. That's it. Ready in 2 minutes flat.
 
 
I have also taken this to picnics and parties (my daughter's 5th grade graduation party at school) and it carries well and is appreciated by all.
 
Mini Paneer & Peppers Skewers
 

Cube paneer pieces and cut green and red bell peppers into squares. Sprinkle some salt, cumin pwd, coriander pwd and a tsp of oil over the paneer and peppers. Mix gently. Let sit for 5 mins.



Then roast in a non-stick pan on medium high heat for 3 to 5 mins until paneer cubes are lightly browned and peppers are slightly cooked but still firm. Take off heat and sprinkle some chaat masala.


Let cool for 5 mins, then thread on to toothpicks. Pack in lunchbox or serve immediately. If making for young kids probably better to avoid the toothpicks altogether.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails