Monday, July 1, 2013

Fruit Pizza


The other day, hubby wanted fruit salad, but my regular way to make this seemed kinda blah to me, so came up with this Fruit Pizza. I turned out so yummy - everybody was happy & gobbled it up!

Here's how I made it:

For the pizza base - I used store bought frozen pie crust. After thawing for 1.5 hours, I pressed it into a 10 inch round baking pan and baked at 450 F for 10 mins.

 For the pizza sauce - I made a custard sauce. For this, bring 1 cup milk to a boil. In the meanwhile, mix 3 tbsp custard pwd with 1/4 cup cold milk. Add this to the boiling mix. Keep stirring constantly on medium heat till thickens. Add 1/2 cup sugar or to taste and cook some more till the mixture resembles a thickish sauce. Take off heat and add 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1 tsp cardamom pwd. Chill this mixture well.

Pizza toppings - I used mangoes, strawberries and blueberries. Additional good choices would be apples, bananas, kiwis, rasberries, chikoo, grapes etc.

To assemble - spread the chilled custard sauce on the cooled pizza base, top with fruits. My daughter & her friends had a blast topping the pizza.


Slice and serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails