Monday, September 20, 2010

Beetroot koshimbir


Beetroot koshimbir is my all time favorite kind of koshimbir. When I was working in Mumbai, this koshimbir would be in my lunch dabba every single day...I never tired of it. All my friends there would tease me about, but I kept bringing it every day.

Here's how I make it:

1 beetroot bulb - wash well, peel and grate
1 tbsp coarsely crushed peanuts
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
pinch of sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
cilantro for garnish
For tempering - 1 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, pinch of asafotida, 1 serrano pepper finely chopped

Mix all the ingredients together. Heat the oil for tempering, then add the cumin seeds, asafotida and chopped peppers. Fry 2 mins. Pour into the beetroot mix.

Makes a healthy accompaniment to roti/subji (poli/bhaji).




This event by started by Siri.

1 comment:

Priya Suresh said...

Woww wat a droolworthy koshimbir..

Related Posts with Thumbnails