Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Potato omelet with veggies

I saw a recipe for Potato omelet is one of the recipe books published by ISKCON and decided to make it using frozen hash browns and adding lots of veggies. Here's how I made it. BTW, I'm so impressed by the step-by-step pictures on some of the blogs like Culinary Bazaar, I decided to try it here...needs a lot of patience guys.

1. Chop up the veggies - I used onions, green bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes & spinach.

2. Saute them in a non-stick pan with 1-2 drops of oil. I dropped in the onions first, then the peppers, then mushrooms, sauteing each for 2-3 mins. Lastly went in the tomatoes and spinach. I switched off the heat immediately. Add salt & pepper to taste.
3. Cook the hash browns on a skillet in a round omelette shape using few drops of oil until browned on both sides. While the first side cooks, sprinkle salt, pepper and a pinch of turmeric pwd. evenly over the omelette. It is fairly easy to flip over once one side is well browned, a little breakage is okay.


4. Place the cooked veggies on the omelette. Fold over and serve warm with ketchup.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea for vegeterians. I started logging recently, please feel free to visit my blog mepoornima.wordpress.com and leave your suggestions.

Related Posts with Thumbnails