Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kalakand


We had an impromptu get-together last Saturday with a few friends at our place. Since I was still in the Diwali mood, I decided to make this kalakand for dessert and was myself surprised how quickly it came together. It went down very well not only that night, but the next evening also, when we hosted a Diwali potluck.
Here's how I made it:
1 15 oz. box of Ricotta cheese (I used reduced fat)
6 oz. sugar
2 oz. milk pwd.
Few strands of saffron
A generous pinch of cardamon pwd.
Sliced almonds &/or pista for garnish
Mix the ricotta, sugar and milk into a smooth paste. Add the saffron and cardamon pwd. Mix and pour into a greased, glass baking dish. My dish was 8 x 11 inches. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 325 F for 40 mins. The kalakand is done when the sides brown slightly. Cool and refrigerate, or refrigerate directly like I did since I was in a hurry that day. When cold, cut into desired shapes. Serve cold.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails